In the Zen Mind wall calendar, the depth of Zen Buddhism is revealed through ancient Japanese art and profoundly simple wisdom. Created by 17th- and 18th-century Japanese monks, Zenga art (Zen-inspired brushstroke paintings) has a startlingly modern appeal. Each month features a unique Zenga masterwork paired with a Zen quote from Not Always So or Branching Streams Flow in the Darkness by Shunryu Suzuki.
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- A year of stunning Japanese artwork on your wall.
- The perfect gift for Asian art enthusiasts.
- Features Zen Buddhism quotes on transformation and meditation by Zen master Shunryu Suzuki.
- We Plant Trees -- Amber Lotus Publishing, an independent carbon-negative US company, has planted ONE MILLION trees since 2008 to offset our carbon footprint and resource usage.
- High-quality printing on premium paper stock.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of sustainably managed forests and recycled materials.
- Features US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world's major religions.
Shunryu Suzuki-roshi was one of the most influential Zen teachers of his time. Suzuki founded the San Francisco Zen Center in 1962 and was the author of the classic Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.